Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yo Gabba Gabba

Being that I'm the go-to person for sewing in my family, I was given the responsibilities of crafting some stuffed animal dolls modeled after the Yo Gabba Gabba crew - as the free party favors at my niece's 5th birthday party this past weekend.

Most parents with young kids will probably know what the heck Yo Gabba Gabba is...  Not only do I not have kids, but I wasn't sure what my sister was talking about when she first texted me.  Yo Gabba What?  It's a new (sort of new) gang of characters from Kidrobot, really cute, that teaches young kids about all sorts of stuff (eating their veggies and dancing) mostly to lively music.  It's fun.

For starters, I headed to Jo-Anns for some felt and a vague idea of what I was suppose to craft. Something YGG related... Yet, I wasn't sure exactly what.  With 25 kids from newborn to 10 years old, what was one to do?  Stuff animals?  Tote Bags?  Costumes?  I finally decided on stuff pillows in the shape of each character's head:  Foofa, Muno, Plex, and Brobee.  The store didn't have any light blue felt, so I opted to forego Tudee (unfortunately) and I didn't have enough time for DJ Lance (the human DJ).  After spending nearly 2 whole days of my vacation down in LA, this was the final result:

The pillows were filled with poly fill and ended up being quite the party favor hits for the party guests.  So much so, that one of the guests apparently left with 6 or 7 of them.... I hope none of the other kids got left out :-)  I'm only sorry I didn't get a chance to make Tudee and DJ Lance, as those two would have been a great addition as well.

Though hard work, the end result was actually really fun.  I'm glad I was a part of this party :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment