Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Good Bye Butt Brick, Hello Slim Wallet

After my first craft fair, it occurred to me that I'd been leaving out the guys in my creative pursuits.  This led me to an earnest effort of designing a functional yet fun wallet that was different from the rest.

I came up with my previous prototype back in July but decided to put that design on hold because it was too commonly found.  Instead, I began researching (asking all the guys I knew) a wallet that could fill that niche in the market.  What I came up with was interesting: most guys are currently carrying around a "butt brick" (for lack of a better word.  An alternative was to provide slim wallet approach - to (hopefully) prevent the wallet from becoming too large.
photo c/o www.sodahead.com

Seriously, who wants a butt brick?  And for the guys reading this, doesn't it hurt your back?  At least in this very narrow area of fashion/function, I think women have it good here.  We can carry our wares in a bag.

While I know I'm not the first to invent the slim wallet, I'd like to think that I'm helping out they guys out there interested in slimming down.  Here are pics of my prototypes, which are currently still being refined.  I'm using my sleek black labels for the wallets.  The prototypes are made in black but the final designs will come in different colors.

Thoughts?  I'd love to hear your feedback.  Would you be willing to slim down?



No comments:

Post a Comment