Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Craft Fair Post-Mortem

Hi Everybody!

It's been almost two weeks since my very first craft fair at the Bizaar Bizarre Craft Fair at the Maker's Faire 2010 in San Mateo.  Lots of fun!  I have to thank my very good friend Lorianne for helping me all day on Saturday and my honey Mark on both Saturday and Sunday.  Not sure where I'd be without good friends and loved ones to help encourage and support me.



I also met many cool neighboring vendors who all had many unique craft items.  My neighbor Adam, at The Girl & Rhino, had the funniest screen tees.   More often times than not, I heard customers walking by asking him what PILF meant... too funny!  If you want to find out, check out his site. 

Nic, my immediate neighbor of Knickerocker, had some awesome insight about arranging payments at craft fairs.  She had the cutest lingerie and I admit, were just way too cute to hang on the racks.


  One of my faves were the black and white panties with butt cleavage!  NICE!  Who doesn't like butt cleavage!

There were too many to name, but Rebecca at Jim Dandy's created some of the prettiest feathered hair clips/barettes.  I love her stuff and want more, even though I'm a pony-tail type of girl :-)

As a newbie to the craft fair scene, I also had some great feedback from customers and faire-goers.  Apparently, the boys are also interested in purses too - though they don't call it that.  So as part of my upcoming future product, I'll be creating some new products that are gender neutral as well.  I had many other novice and veteran sewers compliment me on my craftsmanship, which is makes me feel so proud of my hard work (if I don't say so myself).

As part of my continual growth and expansion of kiu Designs, my shopping cart is fully up and running, though I still have to load more product.  Check it out: www.kiudesigns.bigcartel.com.  Can't wait to promote my new shopping site!  Stay tuned for an announcement and discounts!

-kD

No comments:

Post a Comment